Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weirdest Birthday Request Ever

One of my favorite parts of the day is driving to and from school with Alaina.  She is generally a chatty cathy anyway, but something about being in the car really revs her up!  Her favorite topic as of late is anything related to 'Frozen' (while singing at the top of her lungs) and her upcoming birthday.  Yesterday I asked her what presents she would like expecting something about a new doll or sparkly earrings.

I was not prepared for her response.

After asking for a Nerf Gun (already done), things got weird.  Next on her list was a crystal ball to find things that she lost but, "it has to have magic in it or it won't work, okay?"  Aight.  I'm not sure what exactly she has lost that she's looking for but I'd love to have one of those too.  Anyone know where I can find one?  Last time I checked Target and TJ Maxx don't carry crystal balls.  

Then it got weirder.

The next item on her list was bottles.  When pressed for why she would need a baby bottle since she is a big girl, she stated that they were for her baby brother or sister.

Say WHAT???

"But sweetie, I am not having a baby so we don't need any bottles."

"But you're going to and when you do we are going to need bottles so let's go ahead and get some."  I sputtered some sort of response and quickly changed the subject.  I am not sure exactly what my sweet daughter is seeing in that crystal ball of hers but last time I checked there was nothing growing in my uterus.

But I might have to swing by the store on the way home...just in case.  After all, the Magic Eight Ball hasn't let me down yet.  


1 comment:

  1. http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Crystal-Including-Wooden-Package/dp/B004ZWMA3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402527211&sr=8-1&keywords=crystal+ball

    http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Quartz-Crystal-Ball-Stand/dp/B002Z3BELE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1402527242&sr=8-12&keywords=crystal+ball

    I think the lavender one may have magic in it because it's lavender.

    ReplyDelete