Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It's Beginning to Barely Resemble Christmas

It turns out that I liked Christmas tree shopping better when the tiny was 2 and she didn't know she got to have an opinion.  We trekked out last night to find the perfect tree, which for me is anything that doesn't look like the Charlie Brown tree.  Alaina, on the other hand, had her sights set on this glorious 12 foot pine tree that was so perfect standing there in all it's grandeur.  Never mind the fact that we have 9 foot ceilings and it's not physically possible to cram the tree in the house, even if I was inclined to pay for it.  Finally I had to break down and do some kindergarten logic where we played greater than, to get her to walk away from the tree.  I'm not sure she was convinced but the promise of a tiny pink tree for her room got her on board really quick.  The first rule of parenting is bribery people, and I am not afraid to use it.

Two hours, $50 dollars and one million pine needles later, the tree has been wrestled into the stand and is ready to be decorated.  Which shall be taking place on Thursday night.  I need something to look forward to and Shonda Rhimes put all my shows on winter hiatus.  In the words of my beloved Mississippi, "whoever thought winter break was a good idea can jump off a cliff.  We need something amazing to distract us from all the family goodness we're trying to ignore."  So from here on out, Thursdays will be filled with Christmas decorating, present wrapping, online shopping and many, many hot toddies.

Cheers to the beginning of the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment