Friday, February 6, 2015

My gut is always right except when it's wrong

I am intuitive.  Sometimes I just know things.  My gut is never wrong.  I don't listen to it occasionally because I don't want it to be right, but it is still accurate.  Of all the things that I can count on to be solid and consistent, my gut is the top of the list.

Until now.

It has been a rough week in our house.  There is a lot of transition going on within our home and within our extended families that has disrupted the peace a bit.  My tiny girl has been sick with Strep Throat which has led to sleepless nights for me and a ridiculous amount of Lysol.  Both of us are feeling under the weather as well and trying desperately to not get sick ourselves.  Sleep deprived and physically exhausted do not lend themselves to a rational state of mind for me.  Still my gut never fails.

For some reason that I can't put my finger on, my gut feels...off.  I can't tell you why or what it is exactly, but there is something there that is not at harmony.  I can't trust it to lead me in the right direction, I know this.  But I don't know why I know this.  I just know that something is off.  I feel like a compass with a broken magnet that no one knows is broken.  It says North.  There's no reason not to believe that the compass would lie.  It looks intact.  But somehow I know that the direction it's pointing is not really North. 

So today I'm standing still, waiting for the shift that brings everything back into place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment