Monday, March 9, 2015

Make It Happen

In honor of International Women's Day (which was yesterday), I thought I would share a couple of my favorite quotes about bad ass women.  I love being a woman.  Sometimes I wish it didn't come with childbirth but I still wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  Being a woman is awesome so let us all set aside our differences and lift each other up.  Or at least shut up and don't be a judgmental asshole.

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman ~ Virginia Woolf


Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim. ~ Nora Ephron


I myself have never been able to find out precisely what a feminist is.  I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat ~ Rebecca West


She was free in her wildness.  She was a wanderess, a drop of free water.  She belonged to no man and to no city ~ Roman Payne


I want to be representative of my race - the human race.  I have a chance to show how kind we can be, how intelligent and generous we can be ~ Maya Angelou


Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle


There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. ~ Madeleine Albright


And my personal favorite is...


No woman gets an orgasm from shining the kitchen floor - Betty Friedan


No comments:

Post a Comment