Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Mind the gap

Yesterday was an eventful day in our house!  Actually I should say it was an eventful day at school.  Alaina has had a loose tooth for the better part of month now.  Up until the last few days she has been pretty content to just let it wiggle as it saw fit and left it alone.  Then she decided that enough was enough and it needed some encouragement.  By encouragement I mean constantly touching it and trying to get it out for every hour she's awake.



When I got to the school to pick her up, she came sprinting down the hallway and blurted out, "Mommy!  My tooth came out at lunch when I twisted and twisted and twisted and then I heard it pop and that was my tooth and then it bled A LOT like I had to use 3 WHOLE napkins before I could get it to stop but then I put it next to the sink in the classroom so that I could go sing and it went down the drain so I don't have it to leave for the tooth fairy will she still bring me money?"

All in one breath and as quickly as I have ever heard her talk.  Do you think she's excited?


I explained that we would leave the tooth fairy a note and that would be just fine.  We got home and she had to write her note on pink paper because she wanted the note to be beautiful.  I'm not sure where this child got her love of pink, but it sure wasn't me.


None the less, the tooth fairy did come and brought her $5 for her missing tooth.  I explained that she only brought that much because it was the first one and it would probably be less next time.  You know, because she has to deliver money to LOTS of kids and she doesn't want to run out of money, right?  Or the tooth fairy needs some new summer shoes.  You know, so she can look cute while she's flying around in the dark. Either way, the tooth fairy's not bring anything close to the $20 as I've heard a few say recently.  That's just crazy talk people.  

Is it just me or has the tooth fairy gone a little crazy with the amount of money she's leaving?  How much did she bring you/your kids?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your TF is a helluva lot more generous than the one we have. We usually get a collection of random coins (I've never counted, but I'm sure it's rarely more than a dollar) and some glitter under the pillow and all over the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was the amount that the tooth fairy thought was reasonable at ALL the houses. :)

      Delete