Friday, April 19, 2013

Artwork

I love art, any and all kinds.  Photography, sketches, people, places, doesn't matter.  I love it all.  While I do enjoy the beauty of the absolute, my favorite is easily abstract pieces.  There's something about staring at a piece that can speak to your soul without being specific.  Just last night I fell in love with a piece and I can't tell you what or why it caught my attention, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it.  It was unlike any piece that I've ever owned, more bold and fiery than I usually prefer, but stunningly beautiful.  The longer I stood there and looked at it, the more I loved it.  And the beauty of art is simply that I didn't have to have a reason why I loved it.  There is no reason to try to put it into words or describe it.  All I know is that it spoke to my soul and my brain acknowledges that as an acceptable response.

Why is it then that I struggle to do the same with N?  Just as the artwork did, she captured my attention immediately.  She is uniquely different than anyone I have ever met before, beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, sexy and genuinely kind.  The more I watch her, the more I get to know her, the more I am captivated by her.  There's an innate ease, confidence perhaps, that just radiates from within her.  And yet my brain is constantly searching for some concrete explanation for the way that I am responding to her.  I keep staring at the picture in my brain and I just can't get it to focus.  Sometime in the wee hours of the morning I took a step back and all of a sudden it became so clear that the reason it was out of focus is that I was standing too close.  It was like those magic eye pictures that you can't see at all until you get to the right spot and then it's right in front of you.

This startling realization gave me incredible clarity.  At the end of the day is love really so different than art?  Isn't it just another type of expression?  It comes in different forms, different colors; it has the ability to evoke a powerful response with just a glance.  It is beautifully abstract and fluid.  And I am very certain that if done right, with the same consideration, intensity and passion that is poured into art, will tell its' story for hundreds of years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment