Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Beauty of Secrets



I have a secret.

And I don't want to tell you what it is.

Not because I am in any way ashamed; quite the opposite in fact.

It is because I don't want anyone to taint it.

Once I tell someone a secret, it's never quite the same again.  

The moment I found out I was pregnant, I was instantly ecstatic and yet dreaded telling people.  For those moments, it was just us.  No advice, no questions, no opinions, just the two of us in blissful happiness. 

So many people are quick to assess, evaluate, and judge before they even begin to consider the weight their words carry.

Too many. 

Perfection is found in the imperfections of who we are.  The moments that we deem perfect for us, don't need scrutiny from the outside world. 

The value of those moments transcends what anyone else has to say about them.

I have a secret.

I think I shall savor it a little while longer.

1 comment:

  1. You should send it to Post-Secret. It's quite therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete